Sunday, February 12, 2006

An early baby boomer turns 60

January 30 was my 6oth birthday.
I really can't be considered a baby-boomer since the official first boomers were born in April of 1946, but since I was born in 1946, I do consider myself to be one the the first boomers. As my class--high school class of 1964-- traveled through school, everything was noted. There was a huge article on Look magazine about my graduating class at Evanston High School. When I graduated from college, there was a feature article in Time Magazine about my class. Funny, it featured Robert Reich on the cover--he became a member of Bill Clinton's cabinet. Both Presidents Bush and Clinton graduated from high school in 1964--the first baby boomer presidents!
I wasn't afraid of turning 60--my 30th birthday was much more daunting. 40 was nothing big--I had a 2 year old baby, so I really didn't think much about it. 50 was fine--my husband through a big party. 60, well I want to take a big trip with my family.
2006 is a big year for us. I turn 60, Alan--my husband and I will be married for 25 years, and our son will graduate from college. I think that we deserve to celebrate.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Not So Desparate housewife!
Thought since it was such a lovely day at my side of the world, that I couldn't let a chance to have a say slip by! Yes I'm a baby boomer truly as my 60th is later this year, but will hold onto next year for the 25th wedding anniversary!

Obviously someone is enjoying her retirement, having time now to write a blog!

Thought you would have a chuckle. Daughter No2 has just won a beauty contest, Miss Hawaiian Tropical NZ, and is supposed to be going to Las Vegas in April for world competition. What did we fight for when we fought for Women's Liberation....? How did I come to breed this child? Beautiful but!!!
It is a whole different value system they are growing up in!

I'm happy to be a Baby Boomer
BA.

8:14 PM  
Blogger OhMyTrill said...

I added some links at the side...let me know what else you want...look around at other blogs and see if there is anything that you like.

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of the blog!!! You are now ONE OF US!!!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home