Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Back to the Scale

I just finished checking the WW site and read some inspiring articles about getting back to the scale and the program now that summer is officially over. Yesterday, after a good lunch--Greek village salad, pita and iced tea-- at Dengeos, a great Greek place in Skokie, I was so stuffed that I decided not to eat dinner before going to my class. I did have a glass of milk and some grapes before I left. I really didn't feel hungry afterwards either. I drank a diet coke and a water, had a small bag of WW pretzels that I got as a free sample. When I got home I had some popcorn. What really amazed me was that I wasn't hungry this morning either. Maybe I have been eating too much. My weight is slowly creeping up. I am starting to backslide. This is a situation that terrifies me. The months of being absolutely disciplined were not so long ago. I am only a few pounds away from my goal.
So, what will I do? Recently my habit is to journal for a couple of days, then eat too much of the wrong foods, and not journal for the rest of the week. So, Monday comes, and I gain or lose the same one or two pounds. There is movement, but it is more like maintainence, not the loss I want.
Tuesday, Sept 11, marks a one year mark on WW. It has been a good year for me. I have spent almost $500 on meeting fees, which have been well worth the cost. I have only a little way to go. Will I give up and go back to being fat? Will I continue to pay the fees and stay 5 pounds away from goal?
s

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home