Monday, July 23, 2007

Filter out the negative, Choose to be Positive

Today, I got up on the wrong side of the bed. I woke up several times during the night and couldn't get back to sleep. So, I really didn't want to get up. I did, but didn't make the bed, got dressed and went to my meeting. Weigh in wasn't good either, but the meeting was good. My Weight Watchers leader is so creative and really puts together a good presentation. Today, she talked about counteracting negative ideas with positive ones. We got a coffee filter with the saying in today's blog title. On the way out, one of the meeting members told me that my skin looked great. Boy, did I need that. I thanked her and told her that I wasn't feeling too great. That's what so good about going to meetings. After many months, I do feel supported because everybody at the meeting is on the same journey.
So, choosing to be positive, in the past 10 months, I have lost 40 pounds, gone from a size 16 to a 8 or 10, depending on brand, have greatly improved my fitness and flexibility, gone down a shoe size, added 1/2 inch to my height, reduced my cholesterol, blood glucose, improved my hdl and ldl. I guess that wipes out a momentary weight gain.
To conclude, my leader gave us a card today that said"
You Choose...Whether to give up at the first obstacle or give it your all, to speak up or stay silent, to change what you don't like or let it change you. With every work, every step you take, you define who you are and create your future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home