Monday, September 24, 2007

Half Way to Winter

Yesterday was the official first day of fall. I have seen various dates for first days of fall--for instance, the first of September is meteorological beginning of fall, and the 23rd of Sept is the fall equinox, the astronomical first day of fall. Of course, to millions of children, the first day of school is the real first day of fall, other people consider that Labor day is the day that it begins. So, whatever day you use, it is 3 months to winter--so we are half way there. You couldn't convince me of that from today's weather. It is hot and breezy.
Well, my weight isn't as cut and dried as the first day of fall. Today, I was up, after two weeks or down. I did follow the program for most of the week, but I ate too much junk at my mother's place, and all the exercise I did last week didn't do the trick. I also had a candy fall out. This time, I wasn't as disciplined as I was with the jelly beans. Candy corn is one of my irrational favorites, and the bag called my name. It took me a few days to finish it, but finish it did. I really like the first few pieces, then the sweetness gets to me. I think that I have to go back and reread all of my weight watcher affirmations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home