Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I Think its fall

Today started out cool, and from I heard on the forecast, will stay cool. So I think that fall may have put in its first weather appearance. My husband had a very early dentist appointment, so I got up and was at the gym by 8am. I did my routine, went to the grocery store and now I'm blogging.
Tuesday is a teaching day, and I'm all ready to go, papers graded, power point done, weekly lesson done. My class is big--17 students--actually 18 on the books, but one hasn't showed up yet. It is a typical egl 092 class, some immigrants, who need to improve their English vocabulary, and the rest are American students who never got the hang of reading well. So far, attendance has been good and completion of homework has been fair. Typical for this class.

Monday was WW, and I went to the meeting with a better attitude. I have to accept that I have been eating too much. This past week I wrote almost--but not all -- of what I ate and I was over the top. No wonder the scale doesn't move. Well it moved .8 of a pound this week, and that was good enough for me. So at the grocery store I bought soup and my weekly savior, frozen dinners. I tried to find some that might qualify as core. No pasta, potatoes instead. There isn't much of a selection, mostly turkey and mashed potatoes or Salisbury steak and mashed potatoes. I really don't enjoy frozen dinners, but they are so easy. I eat at 5pm and rush out so I can do my office hours from 6 to 6:30. Thus a light and fast meal. I don't know when I will achieve my goal weight, but I am not giving up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home