Thursday, February 16, 2006

Where should we go?

Since this year, 2006 is my 60th birthday year, my son's graduation from college and my husband's and my 25th anniversary, I suggested that we take a trip to someplace wonderful. We had several ideas on the table, but nothing was decided, so now time is running out and still not trip in the works.
I was talking to a travel agent and she gave me the idea that I have to plan 6-12 months in advance, so going someplace in 2006 is not practical. I am beginning to feel that my trip may never happen.
Where should we go? When should we go? Should we go at all?

I would like to go back to New Zealand for a visit. I lived there for a year 30 years ago. I would like to see it again and see my friends. My husband isn't very excited about the idea.
Anybody have any suggestions?

3 Comments:

Blogger OhMyTrill said...

You could start planning now to go somewhere next winter break. The treat would be one year delayed, but still good!

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Escape the snow, the ice of the deep freeze.
Find cunning, subtle ways to woo he who-thinks-he-is-in-control to madly desire the balminess of a South Pacific summer.
Use a subliminal approach that convinces him that it was all his idea to travel to white sandy beaches of the Coromandel, the pleasures of the Hawkes Bay and Marlborough wineries,the abundance of organic foods, the delights of soaking in a geothermal spa, diving with doplphins and whale watching, cruising in the Bay of Islands and laying-back with the Kiwis.

4:13 PM  
Blogger shirleymirley said...

I vote New Zealand! What a wonderful, peaceful and beautiful place to relax and explore. I cherish the memories I have from visiting NZ 6years ago. I'm a friend of David's, by the way. I hope you find someplace wonderful to visit!

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home