Sunday, September 17, 2006

A Big Change

Today we had a summery day. It was sunny, warm and humid , so I did some garden work. I decided to move a few plants around which took most of the day. Then the weather changed--clouds blew in and soon it was raining, complete with thunder and lightning. The prediction is for much cooler weather. I knew that this was a possibility, thus the gardening. My orchids may have to move indoors soon.
My fall garden is going well. My sweet autumn clematis is starting to bloom. Everytime I walk under the arbor, where it grows, I get a whiff of the flowers. The pink asters are over 4 feet high and just going into flower. My containers are blooming profusely, probably because they have about 4 weeks until frost ends their flowers.
I joined Weight Watchers last week. I have followed the program carefully, probably because I am motivated, but also because I can keep track on-line. I have been hungry, but I found a recipe for a vegetable soup that doesn't count into the day's totals. It tastes fairly good. That and baby carrots have kept me in line. Tomorrow is weigh in day. I hope that I lose something.


My pink container. It is a mix of im-
patians, wax begoinias, inch plant and a
beautiful varigated leaf begonia. It is
actually in 3 pots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home