Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Small battles--or maybe skirmishes

There are two wars going on in my life right now. One is the war against critters in my garden. By critters I mean rabbits and weeds. Alma is not as effective as she once was in ridding the garden of rabbits, so I have resorted to a spray called Liquid Fence. This stuff really smells bad. But it seems to be effective, since I have not seen any rabbit action for a few weeks. On the weed front, this is actually a guerrilla war. I don't think that there is any way to totally exterminate weeds, the gardener just has to be vigilant. I have a new tool that I found at Smith and Hawken. It is a Japanese weed tool, and so far it has worked well. I had to sharpen it with a file, and then I just scrape it on the soil and it disconnects the weeds from their roots. Creeping Charlie is my biggest weed pest, and this is a weekly or even daily chore to keep it under control.
The second war is controlling my weight. This war seems to be a low key one right now. I am maintaining my weight, but a few pounds too high. My Weight Watcher leader gave us a goal sheet. Set a goal for 4 weeks from now--which is the 4th of July. Where should I be by the 4th? I know that I have to spend more time on cardio and go to the gym more than I have been doing. I also have to watch what goes into my mouth. I haven't been writing that down for the past few weeks and I am paying the price. So what should my goal be? Going to the gym and journaling? That is actually a goal that I can achieve. I hesitate to set a goal that involves a specific weight loss, that type of goal hasn't worked too well for me. So, working on my goal is the next thing to do today.
A quote from my meeting: "Always concentrate on how far you have come, rather than how far you have left to go. The difference in how easy it seems will amaze you" Hiede Johnson

Later I'm off to see Sex and the City. I'm really looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home