Wednesday, May 07, 2008

School is over

Yesterday was my last day of teaching at Oakton CC for the semester. I held a conference with each on my students and I felt that they went well. I really enjoy teaching college. For one thing, the students seem to appreciate what you do for them, and don't take school for granted. Funny what having to pay for your own education will do for your attitude.
Today I volunteered at the Botanic Garden. It was a rainy day, so we did the program inside. My group of 2nd graders liked the program and showed a lot of enthusiasm for the life cycle of plants, dissecting flowers, and observing macro invertebrates from pond water. They really didn't mind being inside since they had a lot to do.
The rain has washed off all the petals on my star magnolia, the azalea and the amelanchier. My Korean spice viburnum and the red bod are still going strong. I hope that they last until I get back from Houston.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home