Sunday, September 07, 2008

More Growed Up than I Realized

What a surprise! My son, who caused me a lot of worry last week, now has a job with benefits. What a life. Two weeks ago he was looking for an apartment in Houston and trying to find work as a free lance musician. Last Sat. he won an audition--he was the most surprised person, with the exception of myself--with the Arkansas Symphony and is now looking for an apartment in Little Rock.
What a difference a day makes. He now is fully employed with medical and dental insurance. He will be able to pay his student loans and his car insurance and cell phone. In other works, he is off the family payroll. So, he is really growed up.
In other areas of my life, I have been volunteering heavily at the Botanic garden on the Roadside Flower Show. This week I made dried flower arrangements--about 6-8 a day. Somehow, this was really tiring. Today, I did nothing but things at home. I didn't even go to yoga. Volunteering shouldn't be like a job. The sale is next week, Friday, Sat and Sun. Then it is over until next spring. Thank goodness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home