Monday, July 14, 2008

beautiful days

Yesterday was the most beautiful day of the summer, but today is rivaling it. It is warm, but not hot, breezy and the sky is bright blue and cloudless. Am I outside enjoying it? Not yet. I am fooling around with moving pictures around from CD and camera cards to my hard drive, stupid, tedious work. But it was successful.
I have a new avocation--drying flowers in my basement. It all started with the Roadside flower people--I was going to be out of town and wouldn't be able to enjoy my slavias, so I cut them down and dried them in the basement. That went well, since I have a good dehumidifier and a dry basement. Then it expanded to taking flowers home from the garden, drying them and bringing them back the next week. That involved bringing home boxes from Costco in order to transport them back to the garden. Now I am selectively cutting flowers from my garden, and hanging them. Since I will be out of town again, I probably will do a big cut before the end of the week. I may be getting into making note cards and montages--pictures from dried flowers. This is a volunteer job that doesn't quit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home