Monday, January 19, 2009

Some thought on the birds

I've been a little lax about feeding the birds this winter. Finally, I put the seed out that was left over from last winter, and the birds came back to the feeders. They seduced me all over again--first the juncos and sparrows, then the cardinals came. The finches were next and some birds that I couldn't identify stopped by. Now I have the bird book and my binos handy in case they decide to come by again.
Over the weekend, I stocked up on black oiler sunflower seeds and regular songbird seed mix. I also decided to attract more finches by offering nyger seed--their favorite. And to keep the squirrels away from the feeders, I put out some dried corn on the cob. So far, no action, but it's been about 10 minutes since I came inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home