Saturday, February 18, 2006

A fine Saturday

This has been a fine Saturday. I went out to breakfast with my husband, then I drove to a nearby garden center for a presentation on orchids and their care. I have several orchids in my care for the past few years, and they actually bloom! The presentation confirmed that I am doing the right thing by my plants.
I got home and popped some sheets into the machine--remember that I am a housewife--and went out to lunch with my oldest girlfriend.
We had a wonderful lunch at Convito Italiano, and then we did what many women love more than anything--we went shopping. I didn't buy anything, my role was fashion adviser. My friend found some nice shoes and an outfit for a trip she is taking soon.
I don't know why, but shopping when you don't need to buy anything is fun. You look at everything, check out the new styles, look at the jewelry and purses, and think about what you may want to try on later. I love to look at Chico's, the store is spacious and has nice fitting rooms. I just got a new catalog today, and there is some nice stuff in it, but I didn't see much of it in the store yet. Oh well, maybe another trip.
It was good to spend time with my friend--we have known each other since we were in second grade--that's a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home