Thursday, July 20, 2006

Rain, thunder, lightning and more rain

This morning we woke up to a big storm. We had everything, thunder, lightning, and rain. It was so rainy, the dish reception went blank for about 10 minutes. Alma was frightened and hid under the computer desk. She feels more secure in confined spaces. It's been raining since 6:30 this morning. Well, the plants need it, and it I won't have to turn the sprinklers on today.

I have to take Alma to the vet to get some blood tests. Poor dog, thunder and the vet in one day. Then its time for a few errands before we leave for our trip.

I have a loaner car. My beautiful S70 needed some work. It has some kind of leak, and has to stay at Bob's for a few days. Bob's is our independent Volvo place--also known as Hubbard Woods Motors. Bob only works on Volvos. The loaner is a 1993 black "Swedish brick" with a little red stripe on its side. It's in perfect condition. Someone must have worked hard to make it so nice. The steering is a little stiff and it doesn't go to fast. But that's a brick!

It looks like the rain has stopped for a while. I think that Alma and I will be off to the vet. She has a hard time jumping, so she puts her paws on the back deck of the brick and I boost her up. She loves going for a ride. Dogs sure have the life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home