Thursday, June 15, 2006

BACK AT HOME

I am home after an absence of about 3 weeks. The cruise is over. I didn't blog, even though I planned to, because the internet connections were terrible. I did keep a detailed journal, which will provide some blogging material. I also have a lot of pictures.
Now, I am just getting my garden together. I decided not to do anything with it before I left for several reasons. I wanted to see what I had before I added anything. I also was too busy. So, everything is growing now, I saw what I had and what didn't make it over the winter. There are a lot of weeds. My project is high powered weeding. I also bought a lot of annuals, which I am putting in now. My knees hurt, even though I used knee pads. All my little plants look pathetic now, but it is warm, so they should take off quickly. I am an impatient gardner.
So far, I have weeded and planted two beds. I have quite a bit more to do, and still have containers to put together. I bought hanging baskets at the Wilmette French market, they were only $10. Look nice too. Everything should look good by the 4th of July.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home