Monday, September 18, 2006

Another beautiful fall day


Today is one of those crisp fall days where the sun is bright, the air is cool and everything looks beautiful.
I am a little paniced however because my class starts tomorrow and I can't find my parking sticker. I do feel ready for the class. I have to go over to Oakton to xerox a few things and then go to Office Depot for a few supplies. I wrote my lesson plans for the week, I'm happy with them.
I went to my Weight Watchers meeting and I lost 3.6 pounds but I wasn't the biggest loser. I'm still happy. The biggest loser get to take home a stuffed animal for the week. Maybe next week.
This is my arbor which is covered with clematis paniculata. The tiny white flowers have a spicy smell and when they fade, they are replaced with an interesting seed. The seeds have a little bit of fluff attached, like dandilions, so the wind carries them away. Next year I will find clematis seedlings in my flower beds. They are remarkably hardy. I dug up seedlings and replanted them, now I have clematis vines covering a screen which hides the recycling bins and the electric meter. In the foreground of the picture, you can see the pink flowers of sedum "autumn joy," another great fall blooming plant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home