Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Today is Day 3

This is my daily disaster remediation update. Yesterday was somewhat successful. I booked everything in the journal, but I did eat some dry roasted nuts at my mother's apt. When I got to Oakton, there was some delicious bridge mix on the counter. It was the good kind, with semisweet chocolate over the nuts. I ate several pieces and enjoyed every morsel. So that was it for cheats.
Today, everything is booked, I went to the Botanic and did the prairie program for a group of 3rd graders. The weather was just about perfect, the kids had a good time. There is such a big difference between this program and textbook science. The kids are gathering data, measuring and recording soil and air temperatures. counting grasses and forbs and drawing conclusions from the data. They were doing real science and enjoying it.
My exercise today was walking around the prairie with the kids for about 2 hours. I was carrying a big supply bag, but that doesn't count for much. It was starting and stopping walking.
I'm going over to my mothers in a little while, but first I have to stop at the grocery store and get her a few things. No candy aisle for me today.
So 4 more days this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home