Sunday, December 23, 2007

Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas

Boy is it cold today. On the positive side, yesterday was the shortest day of the year, and today will be 4 seconds longer. So, we, residents of the northern hemisphere, are on the way to summer.
A big storm blew in last night and the temperature dropped from 45 to about 20 this morning. It is sunny, and snow is blowing but not accumulating. I am just doing odds and ends today, tomorrow I have to pack for Mexico.
Last night we went out to celebrate my husband's birthday. We went to Oceanique, a seafood restaurant in Evanston with a good rating for food. The food was good, but the decor and service weren't great. It wasn't bad, but not up to the level of the food. My husband and brother loved the food and were willing to overlook this other things. By the way, one of my former students is the valet guy there.

I want to wish everybody a Merry Christmas and a Happy New New Year!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful, restful, restorative time in Mexico. You deserve it. Will there be a photo of a new swim suit lounging in the sun? A string bikini this year?
-Barb

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home