Friday, March 14, 2008

Just an update

It seem that spring is in the air. At the Botanic garden, I did a program at the Japanese garden--Sansho-En to a group of 2nd graders. This is my favorite program at the garden. The students were delightful and very well prepared. We collected a list of nouns and verbs to be used in writing a poem, and they could do this without prompting from me or their teacher. It is just amazing what good teaching and high expectations can accomplish. The sun was bright, and although the plants were still dormant( the students knew what this meant), the snow was melting from the dry garden, and there was a feeling of seasonal change.
Tonight I am going to see Eugene Onegin by Tchaikovsky at the Lyric Opera. My old friend, Bette, invited my to join her, and of course I said yes. This is an opera that I have never seen before and I am looking forward to it. It got great reviews in the Chicago papers. And best of all, David is playing it at Tanglewood this summer (featuring Renee Fleming).
I have a new pedometer. I am still working on getting it to record my steps correctly--like putting it at the right place on my body. I finally tested it by walking around the block--with Alma--and counting steps. It does work. I was hoping the the walking at the Botanic would record--but no.
My syllabus for my 8 week class in complete and e mailed into the division office--before the class begins! A first for me.
So now, I will clean up my desk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home