Saturday, February 16, 2008

A not so good week

Fortunately, this week is almost over. Monday, I had an accident. Wednesday, I went to Sandy's visitation, Thursday, there were the horrible shootings at NIU, and on the way home from Oakton, I hit a pot hole and got a flat. To top it off, I now have some kind of rhinovirus. Tonight, the weather forecast predicts rain turning to snow, accumulating up to an inch.
On the positive side, the sun is shining today. My husband, who has been sick for weeks, is finally feeling better.
I have a small annoyance--people who send e mails written like text messages, especially when they are sent for business purposes. Occaisionally I get these from students. These folks don't use punctuation or capital letters. Their spelling is creative, their ideas are truncated, and deciphering the message is like solving a puzzle. Am I asking too much when I expect standard English, or am I just getting old?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home