Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Indiania and Carrie

Two movies in a week! That's a new record for me.
Sunday night I saw Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull with my husband. The movie was very entertaining, loaded with special effects, light on character development. Actually it was more like a cartoon, Indiana was similar to Bugs Bunny, he was hit, and he got up again to fight and was hit again. The fights occurred about every 5 minutes, so there was a lot of hitting and getting up. Every character had amazing recuperative powers: being beaten to a pulp, blown up, diving over waterfalls, attacked by killer ants, surviving car chases in the rain forest and being betrayed by a colleague. It was very easy to sort out the good and bad people. There were no surprise or plot twists and turns. The outcome was very predictable, still it was a satisfying movie night.
Sex and the City was the second movie of the week. I loved it, not because it was a great drama or comedy, but because it tied up the stories of the characters I enjoyed watching on TV. Like Indiana Jones, the characters encountered setbacks--of the romantic type, and miraculously, all were resolved by the end of the movie, and everyone lived happily ever after. I do want to see this one again, so I can study the outfits more closely.
Both of these films were exactly what I expected, and that was what made them so much fun to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home