Wednesday, July 02, 2008

No pictures yet...

But they are on the way. I have a lot of pictures from out latest trip, and I haven't gotten around to putting them into the blog yet.
My basement is full of drying flowers. I have been volunteering at the Botanic Garden, working on the roadside flower show. Our building is involved in construction, so after we finish picking the flowers, we put them on hangers and several volunteers take them home to dry. I have a dry basement, and a dehumidifier that keeps it that way, thus an ideal place for the flowers.
There are alstilbe, and some others that I don't know the names. In a few days, I will take them down and put them into boxes. I already have 2 crates full of dried material. Today I went to Costco to get boxes, as there don't seem to be any more plastic crates available at the garden.
We spent the morning picking flowers at the garden, I shook a dahlia flower to get the waqter off, and it dropped petals all over, and I had to pick them all up, because you can't leave loose petals on the ground. Thank goodness the garden has a ton of volunteers to make sure it looks perfect all of the time.
My garden looks very nice, actually quite lush, mostly because of the rain we have been having. It certainly isn't perfect. I still need to weed, and my weeding tool needs sharpening--just another thing to do tomorrow.
It is raining again right now--more lushness, but more weeds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home