Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Frost Nixon

Last weekend I went to see Frost Nixon.and I enjoyed it very much. David Frost, one of the main characters, tried and much to his surprise got the opportunity to interview Richard Nixon. At the time he was not a serious journalist. It was interesting that Nixon agreed to be interviewed by such a light weight--and unknown person--but he did.
You probably would think that a movie about a series of interviews would be a bit of of snooze--but it is not. Most of the scenes are between the Frost character and Nixon. There is a lot of tension there and it really held my attention. I was pleased to see a film without any "action" or gratuitous sex. There really isn't any "hero" in it either--unless you consider both main characters to be flawed heroes. Another surprise--Nixon's portrayal was sympathetic--much to my husband's chagrin. Frank Langella does a great job playing Nixon--he even gets the voice down perfectly. I do recommend seeing this very interesting film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home