Tuesday, September 01, 2009

The joys of pay per view

Finally I saw two of the films nominated for best picture of 2008. I saw the others a few months ago. I have to say, both the Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Slumdog Millionaire were ok, but not of the quality I expected. At 3 hours long, I was glad to be at home when I watched Benjamin Button. It seemed like a short story was stretched and stretched until there was nothing much left. I'm happy that we didn't pay full price a t the theater for this one.
Slumdog Millionaire wasn't much better--at least it moved at a faster pace, but again, there was not much to it. So to recap, the joys of pay per view are many. We get to see some excellent films, and some popular films and some not so great ones too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home