Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The dreaded tests are almost here

I am almost finished tutoring the students for the ISAT tests. The math tests will be next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The reading tests, which I prepped the kids for, are Thursday, Friday and Monday. What I am hoping for is that they pass. Hopefully, the passing grade will be about 65%. I know that it sounds low, and it is, but that is within striking distance for the kids I work with. All they have to get is 2 or 3 more questions correct. If they read the passages, which many of them don't, or haven't in the past, they have a chance to pass. The big problem is the extended response--essay question to the rest of you. Most of them have just ignored this in the past. Oh well.
Next week I will be administering the test to kids who go to the high school for geometry. They are the direct opposite of the kids I have been working with. In the afternoon, I start the make-up tests for those who missed the tests because absence. This is really boring. I just have to walk around and provide pencils and tissues for those in need. Well, it's only two more weeks, and then I am back to gainful unemployment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home