Friday, March 03, 2006

Shopping the bargin spots--on Oprah's advice.

Today was a day off from work. I decided to get my hair colored, and do some shopping on my way home. I went to the gym for a yoga class, and some cardio.
Riding the recumbent bike at the gym today, I tuned into Oprah. She was discussing the Oscars, which was about over when I started to watch. Oprah ended the show with a trip to Target. I don't know which Target she visited, but I have never seen Sonia Kashuk, the makeup guru, at any Target I have shopped. Anyway, I stopped at my local Target on my way home from the hairdresser, and lo and behold, none of the stuff that Oprah admired was in the store. There was plenty of stuff, but none of that stuff. I did end up spending money. I bought some gym clothing, and some very glamourous sun glasses, designed by Issac Mizrachi. They were movie star huge, with some rhinestones on the temples. I was quite taken with them, and they were the last pair like that in the store. When I got home, My husband said that they looked like I was a resident of Del Boca Vista. ( for those of you who don't watch Sienfeld reruns every day like we do, that is where Jerry's parent's live in Florida.) Well, I don't agree with my husband, I have read that big sunglasses are very hot this year. I saw tables of them at Nordstrom's. Who know better about what is hot than Nordstroms. Well, I had a very good time checking out the clearance racks at Target, and actually finding a bargin. I also checked out the Issac Mizrachi shoes. Caitlyn, the fashionista, said that they were pretty nice. I have to agree with her. You can get some trendy shoes for less than $20. I didn't buy any, but who knows, maybe I will next time. After Target, I went to Trader Joe's to get some pills for the dog. I did get Dog's pills, but I also got all kinds of other stuff. All organic, of course. Very healthy. All in all, a fun day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home