Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Rochester and wine

I have just finished booking a little vacation to the wine country in upstate NY. We are going to our son's recital in Rochester, and have an extra day to spend, so my husband and I are going to check out some wineries. Today, my husband told me that I booked a bed and breakfast that is home to 3 cats. I should have know, since the place is called Los Gatos. I am allergeric to cats. I hope that they won't be running around the guest rooms. Actually I like cats, but my allergy is pretty bad.
We are going to concetrate on Lake Keuka, which looks tp be quite beautiful. I am excited to be trying some NY state wines, since we can't buy them in Illinois. I really don't know about tasting the wines, since I have no palate at all. When people say that the wine has hints of strawberries, or whatever, I have no idea what I am supposed to be looking or sniffing for. I saw Sideways, and those guys were really into the wine. I can tell the differences in sweet and dry wines, red, rose , but beyond that I am clueless. I usually order chardonnay or pinot grigio. Red wines all taste alike to me. Well I hope that these wineries will educate me.
I checked several out on line and they seem to be very serious about their wine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home