Saturday, September 30, 2006

I realized that I haven't blogged for a few days, so let me update you.
Yesterday I took my mother to the Botanic Garden to help with the Roadside flower sale. Every year the Botanic has a sale of dried plant material, artistically arranged in beautiful containers. Volunteers collect the material all year from their gardens and dry it. Some even grow it just for the sale. People donate containers too. Then a small army of volunteers arrange the materials into some very interesting things. There was a huge turkey, all made of plant stuff. Most of the rest of the arrangements were traditional. Somebody donated a large number of German beer steins and there were some nice arrangements made for them. It was a lot of fun and my mother really enjoyed herself. She has always wanted to do this, and this was the first time that it worked out. The sale is next weekend. Everything is for sale. The arrangements, the dried materials that weren't used in the arrangements, the leftover containers and homemade pourpouri. That is made of flowers that were broken off of the stems. If you are in the area, go and see it and buy. Most of the arrangements are reasonably priced. Last year they made over $15,000 which goes to support the Botanic Garden.
My teaching is going well. I am concerned about the attendance, since someone is always absent.
Today I got my hair cut. It is shorter. I also had a manicure and pedicure, so now I look glamorous.
The storm damage is now all cleaned up and the neighborhood is back to normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home