Friday, October 27, 2006

A Cold Day in Glencoe

Today was my last day of fall programs at the Chicago Botanic Garden. I assumed that since it had been raining all day and part of the night that we would be inside. No. We took the kids (4 classes of 3rd graders) out to the Dixon Prairie to do our prairie study. It was only about 40 degrees out there and windy. I know this for a fact because one activity is to take the air and soil temp. Since I thought I would be inside, I dressed accordingly. I was really cold. The kids were quite interested in the program and seemed to remember a lot when I reviewed it with them on the bus. Yes, we went back to the bus instead of reviewing onsite. I spoke with my son, who lives in Houston TX, where the temp is 87. I sure would like to have that weather here. I think that we are on the slow down slide to winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home