Friday, October 20, 2006

Garage Sale Day and a few other odds and ends.

Today I helped my friend Susie with her garage sale. She has been planning this for at least a month, but hadn't firmed up the date. So when she called me, I couldn't say no, since I had already said yes a few weeks ago.
So, I arrived and the customers started to come in and didn't let up for hours. She had a lot of nice clothing, mostly belonging to her daughters, who are very fashionable. Many of the clothes and shoes were almost new, and very, very gently worn. Needless to say, they just flew out of there. It was cold today, so I kept my self warm by folding and rearranging the clothes. I have to say that it was one of the nicest looking garage sales I have ever attended. As the merchandise was sold, we kept folding and rearranging, so by the afternoon, it looked like the Gap or Nordstroms.
Even though I have a houseful of stuff, I left with more stuff. I bought a lot of silk scarves, a small red Coach clutch purse, a down comforter and a new dust ruffle . I was planning to buy a new one, because the one I have is ripping apart, and suddenly I realized that Susie's was the right color and size. I also was about ready to replace our blanket. So, now I have a down comforter. So, this was a very sucessful day. It was also fun to hang out with Susie and her friend Ann.
I was so cold. It was a cold October day. I came home with a red face--it couldn't be sunburn, since I spent the day in a garage, so it had to be windburn. My wonderful husband decided to take me out to dinner. We went to Boston Blackies, where I had a good dinner of shrimp cocktail and a garbage salad (no dressing) so it was compatible with Weight Watchers. I haven't been to the gym all week, so I was worried about my weight. I think that I will be ok.
One last thing--I was offered another job today. I just took the job at my old school district yesterday, and today the tutoring service that runs the after school program at Gale School called offered my a job in their after school program. To bad, I liked working there two years ago. Well, I will keep that door open a crack, maybe for next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home