Monday, November 13, 2006

My fascination with orchids

On Saturday, I purchased another orchid. It is white with random reddish-purple sploches. I have admired orchids smilar to this for a while, so when I saw it in Costco, it flew into my cart. I think that I have about 9 orchid plants now, mostly phalenopsis. They require surprising little care, mostly weekly watering and occasional repotting. For this, they produce some mighty spectacular flowers which last for months. Since I have figured out how to get them to rebloom, they do on an annual basis. After reading the Orchid Thief, I know that I am only on the fringe of orchid madness. I would like to have more plants, but where would I put them?
Today is another goal day in my Weith Watchers journey. I now have lost 20 pounds. I am also working out with a heart monitor, which is supposed to keep my heart rate in the 60-70% range. This is the fat-burning range. I hope it works. Acutally the monitor only measures the heart rate, and beeps when it is over or under.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home