Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Commercials Just Get Nastier and Nastier

I am so sick of the same commercials for political candidates being repeated over and over again. During some time periods, you can see 4-5 commericals for the same candidate in 5 minutes. I keep on reading and hearing that negative ads work. I think that by now, negative ads should be backfiring.
I think that I may volunteer to help one of our local candidates for the US House this weekend. His opposition has been a strong and consistent supporter of the president's policies, although he is quite moderate on many subjects. If he loses, it will be a upset, since his party considered that his seat was quite safe. The candidate I am going to help is young and enthusiastic, and seems to be very earnest. I believe he is an attractive and viable candidate, and since I would like to see change, I plan not only to vote for him, but to help convince others to support him too.
I made it through Halloween--not very sucessfully. I opened the bags of candy, and immediately dove into them. It wasn't that great, but I had to taste all the pieces that had chocolate in them. When I got home from school, my husband had given away almost everything. I finished off the few pieces of chocolate that were left. Then in the mail, a promotion came that that 9 pieces of Riesen's chewy carmels. I ate two of them. Then I looked on the Weight Watchers web site and found out that each piece was 2 points. What a relief. I put the rest away for a little treat later on in the week. I can handle that. I know that I won't scarf them all down in one sitting. I also met with a personal trainer and had a fitness assessment. It was quite enlightening. I can do a lot of things, but I rate very poor in cardio. This is a little bit of a surprise, since I do cardio. I must not be doing it correctly. I am seeing the trainer on Friday, so I will know more then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home