Monday, December 18, 2006

Recipe News

Finally, I made the Christmas bark recipe, and it was as good as expected. It's an easy recipe to make and it's pretty tasty. There are a couple of pitfalls, first of all, there is no pan size specified in the recipe. I used a jelly roll pan the first time I made the bark, and it was too large. So, I used a smaller pan with sides--9x12 1/2 inches. You could go a little bit larger, but not much. It worked much better than the jelly roll pan. You may want to increase the toffee mixture by 1/2. So instead of 1 cup of butter, use 1 1/2 cups. Increase the sugar from 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup. So give the recipe a try. You won't be disappointed. The recipe is on the blog entry before this one.
So, I went to my Weight Watchers meeting today, and to my surprise, I lost almost 2 pounds. It wasn't my best week in eating or exercise. I'm getting a little nervous. Sometimes I believe that I will wake up fat again. I guess I will just have to go one day at a time. So, now I'm going to ride the exercise bike.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Christmas Bark recipe sounds great! I think I will try it...

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home