Saturday, December 02, 2006


We had our first big snow storm yesterday. The weather people were talking about it for about 3 days before it arrived. Well what we got was bad, but not as bad as a few miles to the west. It had started sleeting when I left Oakton about 9pm on Thursday, and at midnight there was a little snow on the ground. When we got up on Friday morning, there were about 4-5 inches on the ground. Our neighborhood looked quite pretty, like everything, houses, trees, streets are frosted with powdered sugar. You can barely see the street, so the area looks like an 19th century street scene. My husband took the picture before the snow stopped, and before people came out of their houses.
Most of the schools in the area were closed, including Oakton, but my old school district stayed open. I was planning to stop by a school on Friday, but I decided not to go because of the weather. It--the storm-- was all over by noon. When I went to Oakton on Thursday, my husband wanted me to take the awd car. I didn't need it then, but on Friday, when I went to the grocery store, it was much more stable than my sedan. I decided to make a few dishes to freeze on Friday. Now we have dinners for the days when my husband comes home late.
Today was a beautiful sunny day, but cold. Snow on the ground does this. I took my mother shopping and to lunch. We had a nice day. and she actually bought a few gifts. I did too. When I finish this blog, I'm going on line to order a few more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home