Sunday, February 11, 2007

Back to Gym

Yesterday I went to the gym. Late Saturday afternoon is a busy time at EAC, and a time that I have never been before. It was full of people working out who must be going out later that evening-and mostly younger than myself. So, I did my entire workout routine, and by the time I was finished, the place had cleared out. When I got home, dinner was on the table.

Friday was a good adventure. The concert-recital was good and afterwards we had lunch at Le Colonial, a Viet Namese restuarant on Rush Street in Chicago. I ordered soup and a shrimp stir fry dish. It was well prepared and delicious. The resturant was featured on "Check Please" last week and was described as being very romantic. It was quite nice, but I didn't go to the 2nd floor to see the bar, which was described as spectacular. My husband did agree that the bar was very nice.
When I finish this blog, I am going to book all my food from the past two days. I'm slipping again. So, I worked out, and plan to do so again today--I made up for the workout, negatively, by not booking. What am I going to do. Tomorrow is meeting day. I did buy a small bag of chocolate candy, of which I have had 2 pieces--one each day. This is a kind of treat that I can handle. It seems strange that I can cram all kinds of junk into my mouth, but I can eat one piece of chocolate, and not go overboard.
The musicians from Friday's concert, David Plylar, composer and piano and Allison Lowell, oboe. They played a lovely recital on a very cold day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home