Friday, February 09, 2007

A Surprise Shopping Trip

Yesterday I stopped by Carson's to buy some face cream because Clinique had a gift with purchase and came home not only with the cream, but with a new coat. I needed a new winter coat, since my coats are many years old, and not realy warm. So wandering around (a bad thing to do when you weren't planning to buy anything) I found some fur trimmed coats at 70% off. Now retailing is really stupid. The store is featuring resort and spring fashion when the outside temp is 10 degrees. All the winter stuff, whatever is left, is on sale. So, I tried several Dr. Zhivago style coats on, and came home with a chocolate brown one with a fur collar and cuffs. My husband liked it and thought that it looked like I paid a lot more for it than I did.
On the weight scene, I've been bad and good. On the bad side, I still can't keep my hands of candy. On the good side, I've been booking everything that goes into my mouth on the points tracker. That gives me a feeling of being a little bit in control. Monday will tell the story of my plan this week.
My husband and I are going to a concert today at Fourth Presbyterian Church on Michigan Ave. One of my son's friends, Allison Lowell, is playing, so we decided to take the CTA down, enjoy the concert and have a nice lunch. I am looking forward to hearing her, since she is playing a pice by David Plylar, a composition student at the Eastman School. My son recorded his String Quartet last year, and enjoyed playing his compositions. It should be a nice day, since it is sunny and a little bit warmer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home