Sunday, April 01, 2007

Nothing going on, so why so busy?

Having two jobs is finally getting to me. So far, it hasn't seemed to be a problem, but now, I am feeling overwhelmed. What is suffering? Going to the gym, staying involved with my WW program, volunteering at the Botanic Garden, things that I have really enjoyed. The worst part of these jobs has been getting hit by taxes. I wonder whether it has been worth it. Am I working for the IRS? It sure seems like that is the case.
Today is a good example. I wanted to go to the gym, but I have to finish up the laundry, go to Target to get something for my mother, go over to help her organize her taxes, and think about my lesson plans for next week. I am also working on a survey for the new teachers--that is for my other job. Then I have to call the person I am giving a wedding shower with to discuss some shower issues. The day seems like there is a lot of time, but the hours just go by so quickly.
I have been eating candy--the worst kind--hard candy that is full of sugar, which feeds my sweet tooth, but also rots my teeth. Why am I doing this? There is a pattern recently of candy, candy, candy. I am sabotaging myself. I haven't been keeping my goal in mind. Why am I doing this? Is it because I am overwhelmed with stuff? Is candy calming me down? This seems to be strange. Sucking on candy, a pacifier?
So, I still have to water my plants, put them back in their spots, maybe take a walk, for some exercise, and do the thing listed above. Some restful Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home