Monday, January 21, 2008

This week with Alma and me

It's cold and snowing. Pretty light snow, which has covered the skylights and the sidewalk.
Later I will take care of the bird feeders. The birds don't seem to be very hungry, because the feeders aren't emptying very quickly.
Yesterday it was so cold that I didn't even go outside.
This morning I shivered on the way to Weight Watchers, weighed in and lost .2 pound. A little bit of a disappointment. I did lose so much last week.
This week is busy for both me and Alma. I have Oakton on Tuesday and Thursday, and I have to prepare for next week's classes this week, since we won't be back until Monday night. I finished the power point for my 092 class, and downloaded one for my 094 class last night. Now I have to write my lesson plans for this week and next. There is a problem--the bookstore is out of texts for my 092 class. Someone didn't order enough. So I will have to do some xeroxing tomorrow to deal with that problem. The first week of classes went well.
On Friday we leave for Houston for a long weekend. My son is giving his masters degree recital on Saturday. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law are coming in from Louisiana and so is Alan's niece and nephew and grand-niece. My brother Pete is also coming. So, it will be a family reunion too. We are all staying in the same hotel. I am going to celebrate my birthday a little bit early with the family. It promises to be a lot of fun. We have to get the food for the reception on Friday afternoon, followed by a marathon of recitals, and an orchestra rehearsal--David is playing principal cello. Manny, my brother-in-law is bringing some goodies from the Great Harvest Bread Co where he works, including a King Cake. So that led us to have a Mardi Gras theme for the reception. We will have beads and who knows what else.
Alma is going to Carriage Hill Kennel for the long weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home