Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Tying up some loose ends

It is a cold, cloudy and windy March day. Yesterday was the first day of spring, but it is still winter out there.
Today I am finishing up some old business. I just completed putting together the claims on my Dad's life insurance. I have been dragging my feet on this for no particular reason, except that is is so final. I really have no more excuses. I have to mail a check for my Mom today, so I will have to go to the post office. I might as well take care of the insurance.
More old business. I have only 3 more days at Nichols. Test administration is really boring. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will be make up days. My boss told me that I have saved his life, because he is on top of the testing and make up testing. The state expects that most of the students, I think that it is 95% must take the tests. So, I am tying up the loose ends of ISAT testing.
We are driving to Rochester on Saturday for my son's degree recital. Actually he is playing in two recitals on Sunday, and in a concert on Tuesday. The four years have really sped by. I wrote my last check to University of Rochester at the beginning of March. My April balance is zero. Thank goodness.
I am taking my Mom's taxes to the accountant today. She has finished adding up the last figures, so they are ready to go. Another loose end is tied up.
Today is also primary election day in Illinois. I am going to vote later. Voting is always so positive. Candidates make promises, the future is always looking good. On that note, I will end for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home