Sunday, April 23, 2006

A slow Sunday

My grand niece and nephew left for home today. It's a lot less chaotic around here, but we are missing a little bit of fun around the house. We went out to eat at Hackney's last night. It was too cold to eat outside, the kids were disappointed that they couldn't play in the playhouse. We still had a good time inside. They tried the deep fried onion rings--a Hackney's speciality. I love them, even though they are loaded with calories and fat. When we got home, they wanted a story. So they got a story. I will post a picture of that later.
My sister and brother in law left for their new home on Saturday. They don't ever plan to come back here unless someone dies. We have no plans to go to where they are moving. I guess that we won't be seeing them again. So much for family closeness.
I have been going to physical therapy for a week now. It was determined that I have a weak stomach and hips--so I have to build those areas up and that will stop my back pain. The exercises are so boring. I know that a little bit of exercise goes a long way, but I really don't enjoy doing this stuff. I still haven't done them today, and it is already 6pm. So, I will get to it later. So much for twice today.
I think that I am finished with cruise clothes shopping. I have enough. There are washing machines on the boat. I am through with fashion for a few years. Now my husband and son need to get a few things.
I bought a very large suitcase and garment bag at Target last week. The suitcase is expandable. I don't know why I need that feature, since we aren't planning to buy anything--just see the sights.
I am getting worried that we won't see anything since we have so little time in each stop. Both Florence and Rome involce travel of about 1 -2 hours to get there. That cuts into seeing much. I have read that reservations are available for the museums in Florence. I plan to take advantage of that. In Rome, we may just take a quick
look around on the bus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home