Saturday, April 01, 2006

Designing a mixed bed

I went up to the Botanic garden for the 2nd time this week. I signed up for a class because I needed continuing ed hours for Master Gardner. Today's class was a very pleasant surprise. It was the best presentation on garden design I have ever sat through. Actually, the classes offered at the Garden are pretty good.
I can't believe that I sat from 9am to 3pm and wasn't bored. The presenter, Scott Scafone is from Baltimore and has a system for garden design that makes a lot of sense.
basically, he uses the iseas of architectural design to set up a garden plan. If you use his system, you won't waste a lot of money on plants that won't look good or grow in a situation. Check out his web site--www.oasisdesigngroup.com. He is writing a book, I don't know when it will be out, but I plan to buy it.
I went to Costco today and on the way I checked out the landscaping. Most of the houses could use some of Scott's ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home