Monday, April 03, 2006

Cruise wear

I have been looking around for clothing for the cruise. I got rid of a lot of stuff last year because it was either too big or too worn out or out of style. I don't have much of anything, at least not nice resort type wear. I have nothing formal or fancy. I have worn the same outfit to the last 4 weddings I have attended. I do plan to wear that on one night--it still looks ok--its black.
I think that this cruise has a higher standard of dress than all inclusive resorts in Mexico. Dressy there means that you wear some thing that isn't a bathing suit. It didn't really matter what anyone wears.
So I have been shopping around for clothing that I can use again.
What do I see in the stores? Peasant skirts. Every store has some version of peasant skirts in about every color. Tops that are not appropriate for women of my age and size. Dresses that look like mother of the bride or groom--long with a lot of sparkles. My shopoping has been so basic--I buy pants, tee shirts and really plain stuff. Target is one of my regular stops.
I think I need a new handbag. That is also a big problem, since everything is so ugly and expensive.
I want clothing that is plain, useable and smart. I need pants or something that I can wear with gym shoes and not look too weird.
I have only started. Any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home