Saturday, April 15, 2006

Holiday Fun

My grand niece and nephew are in town for a few days. They are the cutest kids--Lillian is in 2nd grade and Joshua is 4. They were over for a Passover dinner on Thursday and stayed overnight--with their parents. They are coming over for an Easter dinner tomorrow and then staying overnight again. I set a little table for them on Thursday with a little tablecloth and napkins. Tomorrow they will sit at the big table. I bought egg decorating stuff for them tomorrow and boiled a dozen of eggs to work on. My husband went into the crawl space to look for two baskets. I bought some basket grass--pink for Lillian and green for Joshua. I also got some candy--jelly beans, of course, and some chocolate eggs. I hope that the eggs keep them busy for a while, since it is supposed to rain tomorrow. Lillian is planning to go to the American Doll place this week. I may go along. I don't have any of my own grandchildren, so this is a lot of fun for me. My husband just realized that he didn't get any maraschino cherries at the store today. He'll have to run out tomorrow.
We'll take a picture tomorrow and put in on the blog.
I went shopping again today. My mother still needs clothes. We went to Chico's and she just loved it. Everything was good for her--stylish clothes, nice fitting rooms, clothes that fit, good sales ladies. Needless to say, she spent a lot of money. She looked good and had a nice time trying on a lot of clothes. It looks like Chico's and Nordstrom's are the place to go for nice things for a very small person.
What is funny is that my brother--who pays my mother's bills, has taken over the role(according to her) of keeper of the funds. Acutally my brother has told my mom many times that he doesn't care how much money she spends on anything. He just pays the bills. He doesn't judge.
Writing a blog is hard. I mean the discipline to write every day. I don't have it yet. Actually I enjoyed writing this entry. Maybe it is because of the grands (neice and nephew).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home