Saturday, January 06, 2007

Movies and more movies

There has been a movie bonanza around here during the past two weeks. We have watched "A Prairie Home Companion," "Little Miss Sunshine," "United 93," " An Inconvenient Truth" and "Adaptation." We saw "Freedom Writers" at the theater. I enjoyed all of them, but "Adaptation was my least favorite. I read the book it was based on, The Orchid Thief, by Susan Orlean, which I enjoyed. Parts of the book were a little tedious, but the book was interesting. The movie was an interesting adaptation of the book, which touched on the subject, but took off in other directions.
I have always liked "Nashville," which was also directed by Altman. "A Prairie Home Companion," had a lot of similarities, a music theme and a lot of well known actors in the cast. I liked it almost as much as "Nashville." It is interesting that it was Altman's last film, as it has a strong death theme.
"United 93" was pretty good, and very gripping. See it if you haven't yet. "Little Miss Sunshine" was entertaining as was Freedom Writers. My favorite was Al Gore's movie, An Inconventient Truth. It was well researched and presented , and had lots of things to think about.
I will probably go through a period of movie drought, as I experienced so many in the past few weeks. I have a very busy week ahead of me, two days of work related meetings and classes, as well as other responsibilities.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger OhMyTrill said...

its too bad that Adaptation was your least favorite, seeing as it is the best written and acted of all the movies you mentioned and is also credited as being one of the better scripts ever written. ever. in all of movies. not to mention it being universally celebrated by critics and easily accessible to audiences. oh well, I guess you just aren't ready for serious movies.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home