Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Merry Christmas--just a little bit late

Christmas was a nice 2 day celebration. We had a nice dinner on Christmas Eve and open our our gifts. Then on Christmas day we had some guests and another wonderful dinner. My husband and chef made short ribs on Christmas eve and on Christmas day, he made tenderloins--or filet mignon. My brother and son made some scalloped potatoes with 4 cheeses. Delicious.
We have a neighborhood celebration, we all contribute to purchase the ingredients for luminarias, which burn all night. I will post the picture in the next few days.
I am the owner of my own digital camera which I don't know how to use yet. It sure looks easy to use. My husband took the picture of the luminarias.

I also have another no bake cookie which is so easy and tasty.

Rolo Cookies

1 bag Synders Butter Snap Pretzels
4 packages Rolo candy--or more if you want more than 32 cookies.
pecan halves ( 1 small bag)

1. preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. prepare the baking pan with a sheet of parchment paper.
3. lay out pretzels on the baking pan
4. on top of each pretzel, place one rolo candy.
5. top each piece of candy with a pecan half.
6. bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes. check to make sure that the candy does't melt and get sloppy.
7. take cookies out of the oven, and lightly press down on the pecans, so the candy makes a little "pillow"
8. cool and serve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home