Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year everybody!

My new year started at the Chicago Botanic Garden. Starting out the year volunteering isn't a bad way to start out the year. They were desperate for volunteers so I decided to help out. Helping out with traffic in the building wasn't what I usually do, so I didn't feel as useful as I do when I work in school programs. I am going again on Thursday and will be doing children's activities which is more to my liking.
When I got home, I ate my lucky new year's foods, herring and hopping john, a dish made with black eyed peas. No, the peas and herring are't mixed together. The one new years day that I forgot to eat the herring led to a serious illness and a long recovery. I will not forget my good luck foods ever again. One of my friends always eats squash soup on new years day.
Last night we watched Al Gore's movie, "An Inconvienent Truth." It was excellent and I highly recommend it to everybody. We have also watched "United 93" and "Little Miss Sunshine" in the past few days. When my son is home, the movie traffic increases. All the films were very enjoyable and recommended.
On the very positive side, I lost the weight I had gained in the past two weeks. The candy is almost gone, actually given away, not eaten. So, I am back on track with weight watchers. My goal is getting closer and more achievable. I may make it by the time summer comes around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home