Monday, February 19, 2007

A Conundrum

According to the precepts of weight loss, losing is good, gaining is bad, so how does staying the same rate? Today, after a 3 pound loss last week, my weight was the same. So is this good, or is this bad? Thinking of the past week, I did exercise a lot--36 points according to Weight Watchers. On the other side, I did eat more--a lot more than usual--but I didn't go over my extra points allowance.

Maybe everything balanced out this week.
(Or am I getting stuck?)
Maybe next week will show a loss.
(Is this magical thinking?)
Maybe I am starting a plateau.
(Is this the dreaded plateau stage?)
Maybe I should be happy that I have done so well so far on the program.
(Or am I going to beat myself up for not losing?)

So, you can see, I am dealing with a conumdrum.

When I finish this entry, I am going to join my air dyne bike and do 40 minutes of cardio, then I will do my abs work. I had a good WW breakfast this morning. I have a good attitude about everything today. I will stay on track. (or will I mess up and eat junk?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home