Monday, March 05, 2007

Predators again

Living where I do, in close in suburbia, seeing animals that are usually associated with the "wilds" is a surprise. A peregrine falcon visited my back yard a few weeks ago. Yesterday I saw the coyote a block from our house. It was at night, and we were driving. It looked like a large dog, actually a little like a German Shepard, and was running on the sidewalk without a person nearby. That let me know that it was no dog. It ran back and forth a few times, and must have been scared by the car lights, so it ran across the street and disappeared. We have plenty of small animals like chipmunks, squirrels, rabbits, possums and birds in the area, which provide food for predators like the coyote. They have developed a bad reputation recently because they are going after small dogs. I think that this animal lives in the neighborhood. He has been seen around, and actually was living under a porch across the street for a short while. And my husband says that living in suburbia is boring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home