Friday, February 23, 2007

Cave or Crave?

The pound cake got the best of me. I brought it to my class last night, after having a few nibbles when I cut it up. I had a piece with the class, and on the way home, after a huge computer disaster( I couldn't get my flash drive to work), I ate about 3 pieces--yes--in the car. Now, on the good side, the cake was over the top in deliciousness. It was moist, flavorful, and so rich that my hands got a bit greasy. Was it worth it? Maybe. It was really good. Perhaps one piece would have been enough, but the box with all the slices was sitting on the seat next to me, open. So I reached for another. After 3, I had enough.
So, now I will worry a little--actually, I will follow the program. I have just finished cardio on my air dyne bike, 40 minutes of it. I am back on track. I don't want to backslide. Enjoying the moment isn't worth giving up the goal.
What did I learn from this? I am not under control yet. Maybe I will never be totally under control. I did stop. I was so full of cake and it was uncomfortable. I was tempted to eat another piece when I got home, but I didn't.
Solution to the cake? I am going to slice it up and send it to my husband's office next week, where it will be appreciated, and out of my reach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home