Saturday, February 24, 2007

Oh no, winter is back.

Yes, its cold and snow is promised soon. Not only snow, but freezing rain, then snow. The airlines at O'Hare are canceling flights after 7pm tonight. So far, all we have is cold. The prediction was for freezing rain this afternoon and snow after 6. This seems to have been revised. We shall see.
I took my mother out today, and we we almost blown over by the cold wind. We went out to lunch, the grocery store and Macy's. I don't know why we went out today in the cold, when there were several nice days earlier this week.
Yesterday I met a friend downtown to scope out a place for a wedding shower. We have a lot of fun visiting fancy hotels and observing their tea service. We decided to have the shower at the Four Seasons, which was the nicest, mainly because they were very accommodating, giving us samples of the food, and they have a lovely private room. Now we have to decide on invitations. Other than that, all we will have to do is collect RSVP's and find something to wear.
I haven't been down on Oak street for years. Now it is full of boutiques from Michigan to State Parkway. All the fancy places, Prada, Barney's Ultimo. Unfortunately, I was walking on the other side of the street, so I couldn't observe anything up close. I wanted to check out the high fashion because I am in the market for some new things this spring, with the shower and the wedding coming up. And, I have nothing that fits. I'm not planning to buy anything at those places, but it gives me some ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home